Thursday, February 7, 2013

tasty treats

Hi friends

I've had a few people ask for the recipe for this delicious snack/meal. This is one of my favorite inventions so far. Keep in mind that this is completely made up, and I did not follow any recipes.

Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Balls


*Sorry for the iPhone pictures, but you get the idea*

These bad boys are TO DIE FOR. Seriously. I'm lactose intolerant and giving up cheese last year was one of the hardest things. I was so excited when I found out that I could have goat cheese, and I honestly use it so much. Most things that I cook have goat cheese in it because it's just heavenly.

Here are some of the ingredients that I used:







Ingredients
  • 1 lb Lean ground pork
  • 1 small yellow onion
  • Goat cheese (any flavor)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tbsp italian spice
  • 1/2 tbsp montreal chicken spice
  • 1 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1/2 tsp greek spice


As you can see, I use a lot of spice. I like a lot of different flavors, but I recommend using whatever type of spice are your favorite. I do not ever measure my ingredients, but I took a guesstimate at how much I pour into the bowl.

  • Preheat the oven to 400F.
  • Put pan in oven for 1 minute so it gets warm-ish. Put coconut oil on pan and it will instantly melt. Spread oil around to coat entire pan (you can use olive oil, cooking spray, whatever you prefer).
  • Cut off a large chunk of goat cheese. Roll it in your hands like Play-Doh, forming a large ball (this should only take about 5 seconds). Pull off a small piece and roll it into a ball and set aside. Do this until you've rolled as many small balls as you can. I like to make smaller pork balls, so I usually get 16-18 balls out of this recipe.
  • Chop onion - I dice mine as small as I can. I love onion, but I don't like the onions to be too chunky
  • In a large mixing bowl - mix pork, onion, spices, egg.
  • Now the fun part - mix everything in the bowl with your hands. Mix everything thoroughly so the spices/egg are evenly coating the pork.
  • Once everything is coated: pull off a piece of mixture, form it into a patty, put one of the pre-made goat cheese balls in the the center, pull meat up around the ball, and roll mixture in hands. I usually squish the ball down into a little patty (it'll plump up in the oven) - or you can leave it as a ball.
  • Do this with all balls/patties and line cookie sheet (I recently tried using a muffin tin and keeping each ball/patty separate and it worked great).
  • Put cookie sheet in oven and set timer for 25 minutes.


I flip the pork balls around the 12 minute mark so that they can be cooked evenly and all the way through.

Wait until the balls cool down and enjoy.
I promise your friends and family will love these delicious treats.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Those.look.delicious. I want them nowwww! And thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my guest post today. Taylor has NEVER bought me sweatpants or used a coupon haha. He did buy me a spice rack once, though. I asked for it.