Wednesday, June 5, 2013

If I'm Walking Funny, Blame It On The Pizza


HAPPY HUMP DAY, FRIENDS
Whoa, sorry I yelled at you. I was excited.



{ Source }


The title says it all. Honestly, it does. It wasn't a typo or anything.

If I'm walking funny, blame it on the pizza.

Now I'm sure you're wondering What the eff does this mean? Well, well, well... let me enlighten you.

As some of you may or may not remember, I made a decision a little while ago to lose weight. I put myself out there and shared my Vulnerable Truth with the world.

I can assure you all that I have been staying true to my promise/vow that I would lose weight. I workout 4-5x per week and I'm feeling much better. I'm feeling stronger, a bit more confident in my body and my abilities to do things. I'm doing my best to eat as 'Clean' as possible. I have cut out alcohol completely (since May 1st), I've cut out bread/bagels (except for the two times I had Subway), and my daily snacks consist of: fruit, veggies, or nuts.

However, as good as I want to be, I still relapse or have really ridiculous cravings. This particular craving, for pizza, started about 2-3 weeks. It was just a thought that popped in my head on day,'mmmm pizza sounds good right now', and it hasn't left my head since. Normally if I get a craving, or have some kind of urge to eat something really bad, I will just go ahead and push it out of my head, have a small bite, or just chug some H2O and pray that my brain will start craving veggies (maybe one of these days). But nope. Not this time. My brain will not shut off the 'I want pizza, I want pizza, I WANT PIZZA' thoughts. It's rude, actually.

On Monday night, I finally had enough. During my workout, I managed to do 200 squats.. so I did 50 more, hoping to get rid of the pizza thoughts. 50 squats later, I'm craving pizza even more than before. So after grumbling about it for five minutes, I decide to give myself a challenge/goal/deal/bet/whatever the heck you want to call it.

If I do 1,000 squats by Friday - I can have pizza.

Boom. And just like that, challenge accepted.

W1
Chicken, and green peppers, and goat cheese - oh my!


I know what you're thinking - squats will NOT compensate for the calories in the pizza that I will consume. You're totally right, and I know that. However, squats are good for you, and if I'm going to cave and have pizza anyway - I might as well do something slightly beneficial to my health in the process. Right? Am I crazy for thinking this way? Probably...
So far, I'm more than halfway to my goal - 550/1,000 squats completed. I'm not walking funny.. yet, and I'm actually feeling great, so far. In case you were wondering, I am determined to do this. Also, when the heck did I become this person? haha I don't even know who I am anymore. Whatever, come hell or high water (or 1,000 squats) I WILL have pizza on Friday night. Yes, yes I will.

Is it Friday yet? Dang it.

p.s. who in the world actually writes an entire post about pizza... and squats?

7 comments:

Kate Mitchell said...

Good for you! Sounds like a great goal. I think you have a good way of looking at it - if you're going to cave anyway (and sometimes you have to give yourself a little treat), might as well work for it first. Good luck, this week and beyond!

Morgan Sparks said...

There is nothing wrong with an occasional cheat meal, and it's even better that you have given yourself a goal to achieve before eating pizza! Your journey is very inspirational!
Enjoy your pizza on Friday!

Anonymous said...

That's a great reward and, while squats may not burn a ton of calories, they will make you have a nice derrier section so they are their own reward. :)

Enjoy your pizza. You deserve it.

Stephanie said...

Haha I love that!! My mom always tells me not to reward myself with food, I am not a dog, but seriously it's the only thing that motivates me. 1000 is A LOT I think it's awesome!

Steph G said...

I reward my workouts with food all the time. And I LOVE that you eat green peppers on pizza. I literally posted that on my blog today too because it's my favorite. Good luck with the squats. Maybe next week, I'll give myself a running goal.

Yammering Yankee said...

Good for you losing weight literally sucks. It's ok to cheat once in a while I have been doing south beach for a year and a half now and I give myself one cheat day it helps me stay on track. I mean what girl can live the rest of her life without pizza!

Callie {FirstComesLove} said...

I for one thing that is a completely logical idea that I would come up with myself. Every one I know that maintains a REGULARLY healthy lifestyles always has splurge days. Should they be every day? No. But the 80/20 rule is pretty golden!

Love this post :)