Friday, July 26, 2013

Why You Should #backthatazzup in California


HAPPY MOTHER-LOVIN' FRIDAY, FRIENDS.
Sorry, I just got really excited for a hot minute. But I'm not really that excited because it means that my vacation is coming to an end.. oh well.

I have one last fabulously fantastic friend (I'm using all the F-words for Friday) who has written a guest post for all of you today. I love this girl, I just do.. and you'll quickly see why.

Juliette is SO going to hate me for this, but here is the e-mail that she sent with the guest post:

Faith. I don't know why this was so freaking hard. I mean I feel like I need three drinks to get over the stress of writing it. Just kidding, I just want three drinks. Ok fine I want five drinks. If you hate it you don't have to use it. I might get drunk and send you seven more.
This is a prime example of why I enjoy her. Okay never mind, "enjoy" sounds creepy.. Moving on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello, all of Faith's readers! I'm Juliette, and I'm usually over at The Other Juliette posting stories about how I can't flirt, the bad dates I've been on, and my obsession with googly eyes. This is me.



The lovely Faith asked me to write a guest post for her while she's off gallivanting on Canada's East Coast, so you're stuck with me today. I probably shouldn't tell you that this is the first guest post I've ever done, but oh look, here I am telling you anyway. Whoops. Let's just dive on in, ya ready? Faith told me recently that she really wants to go to California someday, and I just happen to live in California, so I'm trying to convince her to visit (move) here. So let's crank some tunes (because we're obviously linking up with Whitney and backing our azzes up) and talk about why Faith (and you!) should visit California; specifically the Central Coast.

California Girls by Katy Perry on Grooveshark

-The beach. Duh. I love going to the beach on a Saturday morning and eating a Belgian waffle and drinking a mimosa. I mean, it's the best. Plus, in this area there isn't any traffic and you don't have to walk 5 miles to get to the water. Plus, alcohol affects you more if you're breathing salt air while you drink it. If you want proof you'll have to come here and I'll show you.

-Bubblegum Alley. It's pretty much just what it sounds like: a whole alley with chewed bubblegum covering both sides. It sounds gross, but you really need to see it. And if you love bubblegum like I do then you'll really like it. And when you come see it maybe we'll have to stick some googly eyes on some chewed up gum.

-Oprah called San Luis Obispo the happiest city in the country. Not even a lie.

-We have nine volcanic peaks. Really, they just look like hills and mountains, but they're volcanic peaks. How cool is that?

Are you convinced yet? Fine, I'll keep going.

-It's a college town so we have a lot of bars. And they're all within walking distance from each other, which is really convenient.

-I'm here. I mean, if you don't know me then this might not be a selling point, but just take Faith's word on it. I mean, she asked me to write this so she probably wants to come visit me, right?

That's all I have for now, because I think the song is ending soon. Don't worry, you'll be back to your regularly scheduled programming with Faith before you know it! But I hope you'll come visit me in my little corner of the interweb, because I'd love to see you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You love her, right? How could you not? Go visit her blog right now and read her hilarious posts. Especially any post about googly eyes - those are my favorite.
I'll be back on Monday for some Vacation Shenanigans!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Faithy: Why don't you want to move to North Carolina? I don't understand why California is sooooo much better....

Jilly: I wanna go to the bubble gum place. that's all.