Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Excuse You


Today's post is going to be short and sweet and to the point.

Last night, following yesterday's post, Justin and I went to the #TacoTuesday Taco Eating Competition. Remember how he said I shouldn't compete because it would make me sick? Well him and his best friend competed.. they both lost, but at least they ate a bunch of tacos and got the shits some free beer out of it.

Anyway, that doesn't really have anything to do with today's post. While we were at the bar for the competition last night, these two guys came in and sat at the end of our big table. Sharing is caring, so we totally played nice - for the most part. These two guys were drunk, I mean absolutely hammered and shouldn't have been served another drop of alcohol - but that's neither here nor there because they still proceeded to drink their faces off.

Throughout the night, these two were getting rowdier and rowdier. One of the guys got kicked out and the other one stuck around. While Justin and his best friend stepped away for a few minutes to discuss the rules of the competition, the one guy who was left behind came up to me - and the conversation went a little something like this:

    Him: Want to dance? *starts to do the salsa*
    Me: No, I'm good thanks.
    Him: Are you sure?
    Me: Yeah, I don't dance.
    Him: Oh. Is it because you're big?

No. No no no no no. NO. Excuse you, jackass "sir"... you don't have the right to say that kind of thing to me. There are so many things I wish I could've said, but I really just can't lash out or be mean to people in those kinds of situations. I wish I could yell at him for calling me "big", but I can't... so I'm writing it here, on this super public forum - because, why not?

Dear jackass,
How dare you call me big? Because EXCUSE YOU, you do NOT know my life - nor do you know that I used to be 110lbs heavier than I am now. I've worked hard for the body that I have, and I'm proud of everything I've accomplished. No, I'm not skinny (nor will I ever be) - but that doesn't give you the right to assume something about me based on my "appearance". You think I'm big? Awesome, keep that crap in your head - I don't need to hear it. I don't owe you ANY kind of explanation as to why I won't dance with you... just understand that NO MEANS NO. Based on the amount of alcohol that you consumed last night and the fact that you kept switching between different liquors and beers, I'm assuming you have a hangover from hell this morning - and I can't say you don't deserve it. Enjoy your joyous hump day, and try not to call anyone big today.
Not your biggest fan,
Faith.






12 comments:

Jay T said...

I still cannot believe that guy was such a royal load of douchebaggery. this was definitely a situation to be Canadiangry and I hate that guy. You are exactly right: you don't owe him an explanation as to why you won't dance with him and if I had been there I would have ignored B and kicked this guy in his micropenis.

Sami said...

No no no no! I will gladly fly to Canadia and punch this guy in his tiny testicles. What a douche lord. That makes me so angry! I'm sorry boo and you have more willpower than I for not giving him a reaction.

Anonymous said...

What an ass... I"m so sorry. You aren't big. But even if you were, nobody ever has the right to say that.
I <3 You

Lindsay Landgraf said...

What a spectacular asshole. You owe him nothing except a swift kick to the groin and an introduction to a strong right hook. Like I said, you’re gorgeous and perfect and I’m sorry he was such a ginormous jerk face.

The Pink Growl said...

Wow! I can't believe that people - excuse me assholes - still say things like this outloud.

Britt said...

I really don't appreciate how men think it's okay to comment on our bodies whenever they want - whether to "compliment" our "racks" or call someone "big." Like wtf? What nerve! You are NOT entitled to making public comments about my body just because you have a penis!

Becca said...

What an assface! I've noticed that some guys need to have a reason for rejection. They can't deal with the fact that women just may not want anything to do with them. Ugh. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Lora Ashley said...

You're a lot better than me - I would've punched him square in the nose.

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

Seriously what an asshat! Who does that?? Apparently asshats do. Ugh! I wish I could slap him for you. What a jerk.

shannon said...

OH.MY.GOD.
i will rip his dick off.

point me in the right direction and revenge shall be ours.

Omega Man said...

Should this happen again, try this for an answer:
"Actually, I'm just shy and always say No the first time. A decent and persistent guy will ask again in a nice way and I usually say YES. Your response just guaranteed a NO from all the girls in here for the rest of the night because ... well ... we talk ... and I think I can speak for all girls by saying that rude comebacks are pretty much a universal turnoff. Please leave."

OR....

"Heavens NO, I've been an amazing dancer since I was 110 lb "BIGGER" than I am right now. I just have a principle not to dance with guys who I suspect are rude ... and it appears that my hunches are still batting 1000. Strike 3 - you're out. Next batter!!!!"

Sorry Darl this happened to you.

Dad

Kristin O said...

I would have said, no it's because you have a small dick and I don't want to lead you on... haha.